H-3 Visa Trainee or Special Education Visitor


What Is The H3 Visa: Trainee or Special Education Visitor?

The H-3 visa is one of the most useful visas for those who are looking to enter America temporarily. This visa is a great opportunity for international students to get the education they need. This visa is for foreign people who wish to visit the United States for a certain period of time in order to get training or special education as long as it’s not available in their home country.

To qualify for an H-3 visa, you may be required to demonstrate that your training program will give you unique skills and knowledge. You’ll also have to show that, after completing this program, you intend to return to where you came from so that you don’t waste what you’ve learned.

What Is An Eligibility For An H3 Visa?

The H-3 visa is a special type of work permit that allows non-citizens to enter the United States for temporary training or exchange.

Trainee- This is for where the training is not available in the applicant’s home country. To qualify for an H-3 visa, you must be coming to the United States with the intention of receiving training in fields such as commerce, agriculture, government, professions, or finance, and you must be able to prove that you will not be receiving any graduate medical education or training in the United States.

Special Education Visitor-  This is for someone who will be teaching/assisting in a special education environment dedicated to teaching attendees how to deal with children with disabilities (may be physical, mental, and/or emotional).

The H-3 visa is one of the most exciting and sought-after visas in the world. The U.S government grants just 50 people from other countries to enter with this visa each year, which makes it incredibly difficult for most international applicants to acquire.

Get Quick Translation Services from Certified Translators

What Are The Requirements To Get The H-3 Visa?

The requirements, which are subject to change without notice, include:

  • Being sponsored by a qualified employer
  • Having the assurance that the sponsoring employer will provide housing and transportation within certain limits
  • Providing evidence of health insurance coverage for injuries or illness that could occur during your stay in the United States
  • Passing criminal background checks with fingerprints and submitting biometric information including photographs and fingerprints

Here are some additional documents required for an H-3 Visa:

  • A description of your company’s training program, facilities, and staff
  • An outline of how trainees will participate in this program
  • Information on compensation. This is only applicable if you’re paying them something – it would also include any travel expenses incurred by the employee as part of their job too.

All applicants must also have permission from their home country’s government before applying.

Read Also: US F-1 Student Visa

How Do I Apply For An H3 Visa?

In order to obtain the H-3 Visa classification, the U.S. employer or organization must file a Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker along with supporting documentation in accordance with restrictions and guidelines set forth by USCIS (United States Citizenship & Immigration Services).

In order to ensure approval of Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker to USCIS a petitioner must file at least six months before the training program begins. If this isn’t done there is no guarantee that the petition will be approved or communicated in a timely by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

After the approval of the petition, The visa application should be done at the U.S Embassy of the applicant’s home country. The applicant should submit these documents:

  • Fill out Form DS-160 online
  • Form I-129 and Form I-797
  • Valid Passport, Birth Certificate, and One Photograph
  • Documents that prove your intent to return to your home countries such as a property deed, apartment lease, or future job contract
  • Pay the application fee of $190

Once your documents are submitted, you will be able to set an appointment for the interview.

Language & Document Translation from Certified Translation is Available Instantly

How Long Does It Take To Get The H-3 Visa?

The petition will take four to six weeks to be processed by the USCIS.  In some cases, it can take as long as 6 months to process. It is advised that your training school should start the USCIS petition process at least 6 months before the start of your course.

Read Also: Q-1 Visa – Participant in an International Cultural Exchange Program

How Long Can I Stay In The U.S With An H-3 Visa?

The H-3 visa was designed for those who are in the United States to study or teach for up to two years, but it cannot be extended. After two years you must return home and if you have a temporary training program like special education then your visa is valid for only 18 months.

Is It Possible To Bring My Family To The United States On An H-3 Visa?

Yes, it is possible. Your spouse and children under the age of 21 can accompany you if you are granted an H-3 visa. The H-4 visa is for H-3 visa holders’ families.

Hire a Native Language Translator & Get Error Free Translations

Need Visa Translation Help? We’ll Give You The Best Solution

The H-3 visa is a nonimmigrant temporary work visa specifically for trainees and special education visitors. It allows the holder to study in the US or participate in an exchange visitor program, but they are not allowed to be employed by any US employer other than their sponsor organization. This type of visa can also provide authorization for short periods of practical training during such programs as internships or apprenticeships.

If you’re interested in this sort of opportunity, contact us today! We also provide USA Translation Services and can assist with other Immigration Translation Services USA. Our certified translators will be happy to assist you with your visa translation.