DS-11 Application Form for a U.S. Passport


What is the DS-11 Application Form for a U.S. Passport?

The DS-11 Application Form for a U.S. passport is an application form required by American citizens who are over the age of 16 and applying for their first passport, or for renewal of lost/expired passports without any additional documentation requirements (e.g.: evidence of citizenship).

It also can be utilized to apply for replacing a lost or stolen passport with no additional documentation required if it was submitted within 15 days from the time you knew about the loss of your original passport.

If a minor needs to apply for an American passport, the responsible adult or guardian of their well-being must complete and sign all sections on Form DS-11. This person should be at least 18 years old with valid identification in order to provide parental consent.

Who needs to fill out The Form DS-11?

  • Under the age of 16, You’ve never had a passport issued by the United States.
  • When your previous US passport was granted, you were under the age of 16.
  • Your most recent US passport was issued more than 15 years ago
  • Your most recent US Passport was lost or stolen.
  • You changed your name after your last passport was issued, but you don’t have documentation to prove it.

Get Quick Translation Services from Certified Translators

How To Fill The Form DS-11?

To fill out Form DS-11 you will need the following information:

  • Passport Number or Travel Document as 60% of IDs on new passports
  • Full name
  • Date of Birth
  • Nationality
  • Civilian occupation
  • Address (street and number), City, State, Country, and zip
  • Social Security Number
  • Email Address
  • Emergency Contact number
  • Family Information including parents, spouse, and children
  • Evidence of US citizenship– For proof of US citizenship you need one of the following documents:
    – The US birth certificate
    – Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
    – Certificate of Naturalization
    – Certificate of Citizenship
  • Personal ID Documents- For photo identification proof, you need one of the following documents:
    – Driver’s License
    – Certificate of Naturalization
    – Certificate of Citizenship
    – Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
    – S. military or military dependent ID

After filling in all the information correctly you need to submit the form and take a print out and bring this at the time of the interview.

Read Also: Form DS-160 – Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

What is the Processing Time for DS-11 Form?

The average time it takes to process a DS-11 is 4 to 6 weeks, but if you really want your new passport as soon as possible there are expedited services for an additional fee.

If you can wait the standard processing period then this will cost around $130 and take about 8 weeks; however, if you’re in a hurry or need multiple passports at once they also offer express service which only costs an extra $60-$80 per individual document (depending on how many) and brings down the total turnaround time by days rather than months.

Language & Document Translation from Certified Translation is Available Instantly

Need Document Translation for New US Passport? Contact Us For The Best Translation Help!!

We hope you’ve found this blog post helpful in understanding how to fill out the DS-11 application form for a U.S. passport, and we want to wish you the best of luck with your next adventure!

Before submitting your completed DS-11 Application Form for a U.S Passport, make sure that every question is answered correctly – including questions about any civil or criminal charges against you as well as any potential health risks that may prevent travel abroad (such as an active case of tuberculosis). If there are concerns during the interview process over incomplete answers on your forms, it could result in being denied entry into another country’s borders if they refuse to grant access without full disclosure from their perspective applicant.

So if you are planning to get a new US passport but facing issues with passport and other document translation, contact us today. Global Translation Help provides you unconditional help with your birth certificate translation, driver’s license translation and you can take the help of our professional translators who can translate any kind of documents in your desired language. Our certified translators also provide you the best immigration translation services USA with 100% accuracy.